February 16, 2017 – The date of the 77 minute long press conference packed full of alt facts in a rambling, sometimes disjointed, presentation by our new President. This left The Democratic Road feeling the need to write this open letter in an attempt to correct the record, because sorry Mr. President, your administration is not running like,
It is so ironic that you continually put down President Obama, accusing him of being a liar and saying that he left you ”a mess”. While doing this, you add to the long list of blatant lies (alt facts) that you spew so often, as if we won’t notice. It must really get in your craw that the man you insulted with your birther lies from the day he announced he was running for President, has one-upped you every step of the way, and now, it is an avalanche of irony as his positive statistics bury yours. You must hate truth so much, that you are driven to constantly try to convince people that your lies are true. The alt fact universe that you try to create tells us who you really are – an insecure, megalomaniacal, sociopathic narcissist that is strictly ego driven!
You do yourself a disservice with this behavior. It is not becoming of the President of the United States. You are now the leader of the free world and the most powerful nation on earth and as such, you should be distinguished and honorable . If only you could handle your duties in a manner befitting the position, but, sadly, you struggle with this. You really need to clean up your act, because we the people are not buying this one. We see you and we recognize what you are doing as you try to put a happy, “all is well” face on things that are going horribly wrong. And, face it, you can’t hold a candle to President Obama.
You continue to claim that you won the election by a landslide, which you said was the,
The only race you have won by a landslide is the “who lies the most” contest. The accuracy rate of the claims and comments coming out of your mouth that are true (only 4%) or mostly true (only 12%), for a total of only 16% accuracy in what comes from your lips, meaning that you spew untruths or partial untruths 84% of the time. We know this Mr. President, we can see and hear it, and we check, and you should, too. But do you? This must be why you are not embarrassed enough to stop it.
Here, for your edification, are some of the real facts:
George H.W. Bush won the presidency in 1988 with 426 electoral college votes.
Bill Clinton won in 1992 and 370 electoral college votes in 1992 and 379 votes in 1996.
George W Bush won in 2004 with 286 electoral college votes.
So Mr. Trump, the real facts – not the alt facts – show that Presidents George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and Obama all received more electoral college votes in than you in five elections since President Reagan was re-elected in 1984. The real facts, not the alt facts, show that you were elected with the third lowest electoral college vote total in 40 years covering eleven elections.
“You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all of the time.”
Face it, Donald- you are playing the fool, losing what little face you had left after a trouncing in the popular vote of close to 3 million votes by a woman who is more capable than you could ever hope to be. It must be awful to be so misogynistic and racist, and to have lost so bigly to both a woman and to a bi-racial candidate. It must really be tough being you right now as you are digging yourself deeper and deeper with every lie, misstatement, and unfounded accusation that you make.
As President George W. Bush said,
“Fool me once, shame on— shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.”
May we suggest, for your own self-interest, and the good of the country, that you stop underestimating the American public and playing the fool. Be assured that we will be there every step of the way and we will blister the soles of your feet holding them to the fire. Be careful sir as the lies will burn you.
Please Mr. President, fact check yourself before opening your mouth, so that you stop inserting your foot. We realize that you loved campaigning, when you could say whatever you wanted to your small and uninformed constituency, but you are not in Kansas anymore, where you were miraculously carried by a 26% minority tornado of voters to victory in November. Your house, tower, and estate are now falling upon you in Washington D.C., New York City, and Palm Beach, where we the people are watching.